CoGDEM is the Council for Gas Detection and Environmental Monitoring
It aims to provide for the efficient organisation and development of the gas detection, gas analysis and environmental monitoring industry and to enhance the common interests of Members by:
- continuing to be recognised as the single representative voice serving the U.K.’s gas detection, analysis and monitoring Industries.
- understanding and expressing the collective views of Member Companies
- creating an environment to enable Member Companies to enlarge their share of the European market
- assisting in the preparation of acceptable British, European and International Codes and Standards.
- promoting the value of high quality equipment and services to the markets served by its membership
- influencing and monitoring the legislative and regulatory framework affecting the Industries in which Members are engaged
- developing good relations with Government Departments, other Public Bodies, Certification Bodies, Trade Associations at home and abroad.
- influencing educational and training programmes relating to the scope of CoGDEM activities.